Claire has been learning and teaching yoga passionately for the past 22 years. It has brought her joy, balance, curiosity and above all kept her sane during the wonderful but often trying years of bringing up 3 little kids with very strong, lovable and often mischievous characters! (now all grown and almost responsible adults!)
Claire’s teaching style is influenced by the Ashtanga Vinyasa and Iyengar Yoga Schools although over the years she has adopted her own way of teaching. Her teaching is clear, focused and dynamic and her priority is to ensure that the participants in her class feel at home and welcome in their bodies as they are at the present moment. For this to be the case she lays particular importance on correctly aligning the body (taking all aspects into account: physical, energetic, mental and emotional) using props or modifications of a position wherever appropriate. Only a body without pain finds peace of mind. Claire regularly teaches on retreats both in Switzerland and abroad and as a YACEP (Yoga Alliance Certified Education Provider) and a Yoga Veda education provider (www.yoga-veda.ch) offers immersion days and weekend trainings for teachers.
Claire’s main influences on the path have been from Glenn Ceresoli (Senior Iyengar Teacher), Bruno Dietziker (Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga), and more recently Stephen Thomas (Hatha Yoga), Doug Keller (Yoga Therapy) and Dr. Ravi Ravindra (philosophy and spirituality).
• Internationally certified Yoga Teacher at the 500 hour level (E-RYT500)
• YACEP (Yoga Alliance Certified Education Provider)
• Member of the Swiss Yoga Union
• Member of European Yoga Union
• Recognised by health insurances
• Director of Studies for 200 hour Teacher Training, Airyoga Zürich
• Teacher Trainer for Yoga Veda Switzerland
• Co-owner of YogaTopia, Herrliberg, Switzerland
• Trained Hypnotherapist
• Medical Masseuse